Tuesday, April 14, 2015

To Moments We Have Left To Live






 Last night the sky went from one wow stage to the next...I was out from 7:30 to 8:30 watching the splendor of God's 'outer fringes' in full glory!

 In Jonna's tribute to Kara Tippetts she reminded us how Kara said "...what I have is Jesus. He has given me breath, and with it I pray I would live well and fade well. By degrees of doing both, living and dying, as I have moments left to live." 
Should that not be each of our desire, as we have moments left to live?

We do not know and none can tell
When we will bid Time’s chime farewell
Then we should strive our best to give
As we have moments left to live

How stilly ebbs the fading day
Over the west and far away
Matrix of mercy’s take-and-give
Of old to new moments to live

Pray we do not ill-treat the air
Drenched with our little Here to There
For none can tell how full the sieve
Of moments we have left to live

There is no rehearsal for this;
Life’s last and awesome farewell kiss
Then may we our full fervor give
To moments we have left to live

© Janet Martin



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!