Monday, April 20, 2015

My Little Place of Wonder, The Twinkle of time

PAD Challenge day 20: For today’s prompt, take the phrase “My (blank), the (blank),” replace the blanks with a word or phrase, make the new phrase the title of your poem, and then, write your poem. 



On Earth's space of Time I have been ordained a little place
of wonder at what passes and wondering what is next
In this pretext of largeness is the smallness I embrace
My life; my little place among The Many often vexed
as I, by unpredictability adeptly clothed 
In Ordinary Everyday; who knows what will occur
Before the light of day is snuffed; its offering betrothed
to What-Has-Been; life-changing footfalls soon a still-life blur
On Bygone's panorama and nobody is immune
To that which, looking back is like a surreal pantomime
Yet I am dearly grateful for each faded afternoon
...my little place of wonder in the Big Twinkle of Time

I wonder, as I wonder at the grace that let it be
How soon My Little Place of Wonder will be history
...and then I wonder, as I wonder at the smallness of it all
If I have left Something of worth on earth in my footfall
In this Pasture of Time my place is quite a little room
Yet, there will never be another me among its bloom

Janet Martin

...and the irony as I wrote of unpredictability;
a phone call to let me know that the little guy I babysit
will not be coming today

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!