Monday, March 2, 2015

Of Moment-hulls





What just a few short hours ago
Was burgeoning and full
Has dropped its petals to the snow
Like autumn’s emptied hull

There is no rewind button, oh
No ‘redo’ or ‘retrace’
When all is said and done, my love
Our only hope is grace

The after-math of moments, dear
Flows far beyond our reach
Their stumbles keep us humble with
The lessons that they teach

And were it not for tears that flow
Our laughter would be dull
Thus is the touch-taste-have-and-hold
Of every moment-hull

We cannot press into the pod
The seed that falls away
Each moment is a gift, to God
The glory, come what may

© Janet Martin

The past 24 hrs. spilled a few come-what-mays for which I would ask for a rewind or redo if I could, but I cannot...all we have is grace and faith for a forward facing journey.

A set-back is a set-up for a come-back~ Steve Harvey

2 comments:

  1. I really like this one. It has several fine lines and images. I was recently asked to identify what I considered to be my most precious promise from God. For me it is grace. "Our only hope is grace."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too, me too. without grace, what of any comfort, remains?

      Delete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!